Business Development Consultant
Who We Are
Beyond the Horizon is focused on one single, clear objective: do something that matters. That’s why we devote all of our energy to developing solutions that help non-profit organizations become more efficient and effective. With improved technology, our clients reach more people, raise more money, and solve more problems – and that’s what matters. Not only do we truly understand non-profits and their missions, we understand their pain points. We understand big goals with lean budgets. We understand the outdated legacy systems that most non-profits currently use. But most importantly, we know how to make those big goals possible with Salesforce and other IT technologies to deliver solutions that are practical, high-quality, user-friendly, on time, on budget and without a hassle.
Do you enjoy making healthy, long-term, scalable solution plans for nonprofit organizations? Is your technology of choice Salesforce? As a member of the Business Development Team, the Business Development Consultant works closely with current and prospective clients as a trusted advisor. This position also works closely with BTH’s Client Success and Marketing teams, as well as the Salesforce.org team. This position is responsible for acting as a strategic leader who is deeply aware of a client’s unique challenges and ideal outcomes.
The ideal candidate has a history of working with Nonprofit Executives as well as Salesforce solutions (and related products). Business Development Consultants are expected to develop clear plans that generate long-lasting, positive customer relationships that deliver business results.
Core Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to propose clear, compelling, and value-focused solutions to clients and executives
- Deep understanding of nonprofit business needs
- Well-versed in Salesforce and commonly used Third-Party applications
- Excellent time-management skills with the discipline
- Able to handle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Strong leadership skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the primary lead throughout the entire lifecycle of the sales process
- Build and cultivate relationships within the Salesforce ecosystem
- Collaborate with BTH’s Client Success Team to ensure aligned delivery strategy
- Occasionally conduct BTH Product Demos and general Salesforce Demos
- Collaborate with the BTH marketing team on Lead Generation and Management
- Conduct Sales Discovery and Qualification
- Determine tech stack as it relates to a specific project and/or digital transformation plan, based on client pain points and priorities
- Create compelling presentations outlining value proposition
- Create and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs)
- 5+ years of experience selling and/or implementing Salesforce and commonly used Third Party Applications
- 5+ years working in nonprofit space
- com Administrator certification preferred
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification preferred
- Full-time, salary position
- 1-2 weeks of travel possible per year (when safe to do so)
BTH Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or any other basis prohibited by law.
** BTH Technology does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between BTH Technology and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.