Sr. Back End Web Developer
WHO ARE WE?
Beyond the Horizon is focused on one single, clear objective: do something that matters. That’s why we devote all of our energy to developing solutions that help non-profit organizations become more efficient and effective. With improved technology, our clients reach more people, raise more money, and solve more problems – and that’s what matters. Not only do we truly understand non-profits and their missions, we understand their pain points. We understand big goals with lean budgets. We understand the outdated legacy systems that most non-profits currently use. But most importantly, we know how to make those big goals possible with Salesforce and other IT technologies to deliver solutions that are practical, high-quality, user-friendly, on time, on budget and without a hassle.
For this position, it is essential to have responsibility, a zeal for delivery through relentless improvement, excellent time management habits and a fun attitude while working with some amazing people!
· Lead, define and communicate technical and design requirements to team and client
· Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
· Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes and ability to debug and troubleshoot individual and colleague codes
· Build high-quality, reusable code and libraries that can be used in future applications for client
· Lead the overall application lifecycle
· Lead collaboration with Front-end developers
· Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
· Implementation of security and data protection
· Design and implementation of data storage solutions
· Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
· Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
· Knowledge of Openshift and Kubernetes in a container environment.
· Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
· Experience with Playframework
· Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
· Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
· Understanding accessibility and security compliance
· In-depth understanding of web development
· User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
· Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
· Data migration, transformation, and scripting
· Setup and administration of backups
· Outputting data in different formats
· Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
· Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Continue to stay up-to-date and learn about new technologies as they pertain to the lifecycle of this project and to improve applications
· Provide training, help and support to team members
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills; team player
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· BS in Computer Science or related field of study
· 7 to 10 years of experience as a Lead Back-end developer
· 7 + years of experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Python
· 7 + years of experience with CMS framework
BTH Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or any other basis prohibited by law.
** BTH Technology does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between BTH Technology and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.