Quality Assurance Manager
WHO WE ARE
Beyond the Horizon is focused on one single, clear objective: do something that matters. That’s why we devote all of our energy to developing solutions that help non-profit organizations become more efficient and effective. With improved technology, our clients reach more people, raise more money, and solve more problems – and that’s what matters. Not only do we truly understand non-profits and their missions, we understand their pain points. We understand big goals with lean budgets. We understand the outdated legacy systems that most non-profits currently use. But most importantly, we know how to make those big goals possible with Salesforce and other IT technologies to deliver solutions that are practical, high-quality, user-friendly, on time, on budget and without a hassle.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent service delivery across client projects at Beyond the Horizon (BTH). They work with leadership, project managers, solution architects, business analysts, consultants and developers to create standards for various project processes and ensure that they are being followed.
They are responsible for the QA/testing process on the development cycle for an enterprise-level Salesforce NPSP environment that BTH manages. They define processes, assign tasks, and work with QA Specialists to ensure that testing is done thoroughly and accurately on each release and that regression testing is ongoing.
The Quality Assurance Manager is a systems thinker with experience creating and implementing processes across multiple teams. They know how to assert themselves and create buy-in with teammates that they do not supervise. They have enough administrative experience in Salesforce to lead complex testing processes and “speak the language” when working with technical staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QA/Testing for Enterprise Client Development Cycle
· Create standards for writing user stories, technical requirements, solution documentation, and client-facing test scripts and ensure that they are followed on each release
· Assign user stories to testers and oversee the internal testing process
· Coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) with the internal team and the client
· Ensure quality of release notes and user guides
· Become familiar with AccelQ or similar tools and manage the regression testing process
· Identify gaps in processes and make recommendations to improve quality of service delivery
· Onboard new QA Specialists to testing process
BTH Project Implementation Standards
· Review existing processes and templates used by solution consultant team on implementations. Identify gaps and ways to improve.
· Create process documentation, checklists, etc. to enable Solution Consultants to deliver consistent services
· Adapt standards for writing user stories, technical requirements, solution documentation, and client-facing test scripts on enterprise-level projects to work in projects with smaller scopes
· Partner with Director of Consulting to improve and deliver new staff onboarding
CORE COMPETENCIES & ABILITIES
· Thought leader
· Self-directed, self-motivated, independent thinker
· Strong, creative problem solver
· Solid decision-making skills
· Organizational agility and teamwork
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills, verbal, written
· Able to maintain timelines and meet deadlines
· Proven ability to create, document, and enforce processes
· At least 1 year in Salesforce.com administration required
· At least 1 year working in project delivery/consulting required
· Salesforce Certified Administrator preferred
· Familiarity with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack preferred
· Experience working with nonprofits preferred
· 1,800 billable and collected hours per year (collected hours would include development of internal processes and documentation)
· Commitment to QA schedule for each release
BTH Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or any other basis prohibited by law.
** BTH Technology does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between BTH Technology and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.